Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

9/7/2010

I'm pretty new to blogging, as I'm sure you can tell, so I'm darn proud of myself for figuring out how to post those pictures last time! They were from one of our albums a friend of ours put on the computer a while ago. I have more recent photos on my camera, but I cannot figure out how to get them here. I have an old digital camera with none of the original cords and an even older computer, the big old clunky ones. These are two of the items on my wish list before our little girl(s) come to stay. Now that I'm blogging I want to be able to enhance my writting with pics. This is a great way to keep a history for us to look back on over time, pictures help.

Anyways, this past Labor Day weekend my two older boys helped my little sister move. She's 10 years my junior and very special to me. She's had her share of struggles already in her young life. Two years ago she moved back home to our parent's home from Kentucky after seperating from her husband. She has 3 children (1 boy and 2 girls). We helped her move from our parents house to her own apartment in town. This was a big step for her and she was quite nervous about being out on her own with the kids, but she's strong and I know she'll be fine. She has a good job, her kids are going to great schools, and she has family that loves and supports her near by. While the big strong boys were helping Dad, Shelby (my sister), Grandma and Grandpa with the furniture and boxes, I got to play auntie!! I love those kids!! Jaden and Nathanial are two peas in a pod. They like to hang out and play video games. Doc and the girls (Karissa and Caitlyn) are inseperable. He's so funny with them. He plays whatever they want, dress up, house, school, you name it. We went out for pizza for lunch and the kids were great!! The girls even ate a whole piece of pizza each! Then we went to this awesome candle shop to pick out a house warming gift for Shelby. They picked out a candle warmer that said HOME and FAMILY, "Angel" melts, and Island Pear foaming hand wash for the bathroom. (They can pick out my house warming gifts any time!) Shelby loved them and did a great job setting up her apartment. The kids all loved their rooms, it's a good thing.

Sunday we were off to the Speedway for the races and demolition derby. We go with a big group of friends and family. It's always a great time, loud, smelly, crazy fun. The boys love it! I'm sure we will bring our girl to this annual even as well! Hopefully she'll learn to love it too I wonder if the boys will go to girly events such as the ballet when we have a little girl in the family. That could be interesting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment