Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Here we go...

08/24/2010

Well, here I go... I've been reading all sorts of blogs for years, I just never thought about writing my own until recently.

Let me begin by telling you a little about myself and why I've decided now is the time for me to try my hand at blogging. I'm a thirty-something year old christian woman married to a wonderful man. We just celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary! My husband and I both have established careers, I'm a social worker and he's an electrician. We have been very blessed with 4 amazing sons, yes...4. They are currently 18, 14, almost 12 and 10. Our boys have brought tremendous joy to our lives! We have a an awesome network of family and friends who encourage, strengthen and support us. We are so thankful God has blessed us in countless ways; now, there is another calling we have felt for many, many years, but were not able to act upon until this year. In february (the 16th to be exact) we started a journey of faith and love. We are adopting a little girl from the foster care system.

There are people who think we're crazy! Why would we want another child in our family? Our youngest is finally at an age of relative independence. He goes to school full time, dresses himself, feeds himself, and is safe to play outside without constant supervision. Our oldest is off to the Airforce in the next couple of months. Life is good! We agree, life is good, and this is why we feel called to share our good and blessed life with someone else.

Of course, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I've always wanted a little girl! We think this is why God gave us 4 boys. If we'd have had a girl by birth, we may not have been quite so motivated to persue the adoption process. However we got here, here we are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment