Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Holding onto Summer





Sunday the girls and I went to the beach to enjoy the sand and surf.  It's been hot here and the beach is such a great place to spend an afternoon.  None of the guys wanted to go with us, their loss I guess. 

We played in the sand and built sandcastles.  Didn't they turn out nice?  M had started a two tower castle in a different part of the beach.  She spend almost an hour quietly building and shaping, and decorating her castle with shells and rocks.  Then two little boys, with their parents watching, ran over and destroyed her castle..  :(   The mom snickered at the boys but did nothing.  M ran over to me and cried.  It was a great teaching opportunity about kindness and forgiveness.  Thank you Lord for these opportunities!  We decided to build another castle together away from the boys. 




 
We think they turned out pretty awesome! 
 
This particular free beach even has a playground we like to run around on while we dry off before going home. 
 

 

 
(ok, so I need to figure out how to rotate my photos, always new things to learn.  I'm open to instructions if anyone knows a quick and easy way)
 
Summer doesn't last very long where we live.  We need to take advantage of every sunny day we are blessed with.  This was a perfect way to do just that! 
 
Later that night when we were getting ready for bed, M ran up and gave me a big hug saying, "Mommy, I'm never going to leave you!"  to which I replied, "Honey, I'm never going to let you go."  and squeezed her back. 
 
Thank you Jesus! 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment