Total Pageviews

Monday, July 8, 2013

waiting with glow pets






Another day of waiting.  It's now been 4 days since we've seen M.  I am trying to be patient, but the more we get to spend time with her, the more we bond.  It gets harder and harder to let days go by without some sort of communication whether it's how she adjusted after a visit with us, or just if she's having a good or bad day.  I try not to be too pesky with the SW's or foster mom, but it's just hard.  Yesterday was M's 5th birthday.  We gave her a birthday gift on the 4th when we had her.  It was a glow pet.  We thought it would be nice for her first night in a new place.  Harmony's birthday is just 10 days before M's.  Harmony had been asking for one of these for months.  She also received one for her birthday.  So the girls had "sister glow pets".  They both took them down to the park to watch fireworks.  Harmony's is the seal and M's is the unicorn. 


        What a great stuffed animal this is.  It's filled with LED lights so they never get hot and the lights are so small you cannot feel them.  They even have a timer option so they will go off once your little one falls asleep.  M and Harmony love theirs. 

Anyways, back to the waiting... yesterday I texted foster mom to wish M a happy birthday and to ask how she was after our visit.  No answer all day.  Then this morning I texted again, how was M's birthday?  Was she ok after our overnight?  No answer.  Then this afternoon I texted, "Is something wrong? "  Maybe I'm being pushy, but it was our first overnight and that can be a big deal.  How M handles that is important.  I called the SW to see if she had heard anything.  She had not, but was going to check for us.  Later this afternoon foster mom finally texted, "Everything is fine".  Ok, that's all I was asking for, I guess. 

                                                 

The judge gave his written decision of TPR on the 3rd.  Today M has therapy and is going to be told that she will be moving to live with us.  I don't know what time therapy is, but I'm praying she is ok.  As much as we are excited about this new adventure, I know she is afraid and sad to know she will be leaving her foster family.  It's bitter sweet really.  I know that this fagile little girl has to go through one more big loss and hurt before getting to us forever.  That breaks my heart. 

Hopefully tomorrow the SW will call and let us know the final plan for visits and a move. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Its coming together! Love your updates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! This is quite a journey we're on.

    ReplyDelete