Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

She's home

                                                   

She's home!  Talk about 0 to 60 in no time flat.  We were planning on picking M up tomorrow to take her on our camping trip for the next 4 days.  Foster mom called me last evening stating that M's therapy session on Monday didn't go so well.  She was crying and saying that everybody is leaving her.  She ran out of the room and wouldn't go back in.  When foster mom was telling me this, my heart was heavy.  It was heavy for M who was obviously struggling with all the changes in her life.   And here I am praying for yet another change, moving to our home.  I know we can give her a good home, a strong faith and as much love as she can hold, but first she must face yet another move, another loss of a family she has grown to finally trust and love.  This makes me sad, as I already cannot understand why this precious little person has had to endeaur so many losses and hurts in her little life.  And now I have to put her through that pain one more time.  My solace lies in knowing God is good and will guide, love, protect and heal M and the rest of us for as long as he allows us here on earth.  We prayed and prayed and prayed about this decision to embark on this journey again.  It's not an easy journey for anyone involved, yet Steve and I both felt called to do it again.  If God calls us He will help us.  He will give M the strength she needs to get through this move, and us the strength to love her through the storm.  This will be her last home untill she is grown and chooses to leave on her own. 

When I heard that therapy wasn't going well and that M was really struggling with this transition, I thought for sure we would be told to slow the process down for her.  To my surprise, foster mom next said, "I say, if your going  to take her for 4 days, you might as well keep her".  What???  Really??  I said that we were 100% willing to take her, but had to follow the SW plan.  Foster mom called the SW, who called me and said that she was fine with us keeping M after our camping trip!!  That was yesterday.  Last night we worked till 10:30pm putting the bunk bed together and making room for M, as we were not expecting the actual move for another couple weeks.   We didn't get everything we wanted to get done, done but that's ok.  M won't know the difference or care.  She will be safe, and loved that's what really matters.  The rest we will figure out in time.  For now, she's home and my heart feels complete.  Thank you Lord for all of your amazing blessings! 

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! I hope M adjusts well and is able to understand she won't have to move anymore. Maybe you can paint her name on the wall or put up pictures of her around the house. I know both of those things made the girls feel like they were here to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! Thanks! I love the idea of somehow painting her name on a wall.

    ReplyDelete