Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Another waiting angel?

 
I love this picture. 
 


We just celebrated our 1 year anniversary of Harmony's adoption.  We've come a long way since she has come into our family.  Steve and I have been talking about and praying about starting the process one more time.  Why would we want to do this again?  It's a hard road to travel and a tough journey when bringing a child into our home who comes with a great deal of hurts.  I don't have an exact answer for this question of why.  We feel called by Jesus to embark on this adventure again.  This time it was Steve feeling strongly about opening our hearts and home one more time.  I was quite surprised, as we've been through a tough year, but when he looked into my eyes and said, "I know it's right", I couldn't argue.  That was several months ago.  We've continued to pray about this and research  how it would/could effect our already big family.  We took our kids our for brunch at one of our favorite cafes one Sunday after church.  We decided to put the idea out there for all of them at the same time and see how they reacted.  I have to say I expected the worst, and we did get one, "your crazy", but then we started talking about what we has been thinking and praying.  Very quickly all of the kids agreed that it was a good idea.  Harmony's first words were, "will they be brown like me?".  I hadn't realized that being the only brown member of our family was so dominant in her mind.  We knew as soon as Steve and I began duscussing the possibility that we would only request to be matched with a brown child.  We've completed the renewal of our foster-to-adopt liscence for another 2 years.  Our SW is going to submit it to the same county Harmony came from when she returns to work on the 2nd of Janurary.  I'm feeling a little nervous, and a lot excited.  Jesus knew what he was doing when he brought Harmony to us, I'm trusting he already knows who he will bring next and that she will be another perfect match.  Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment